Sunday, September 30, 2007

So I was thinking today

I don't want to make this seem like I am giving up my stances because I am not. I still feel as strongly as I do before but I have came to a revilutionary though for me. So I was thinking about the whole durg thing. I was being close minded. Not in the sense that I was close minded to the drug. Becaus I still am to the idea, but to the people that do them. I guess I sort of thought about it and I figured that if I close myself to people that do drugs then I will miss out on some really cool people. I don't have to like what they do. But then again everyone has there problems, right? I have mine and I would hate if someone said they wouldn't like me because of the simple fact that I have a flaw. Isn't that in a sort discrimination. I came to that realization and it hit me hard. So I am trying to get over that right now. It is a bit more difficult then I thought that it would be but that is okay. It will make me a better person.

On the other news. I love all my classes they are fun and I am pretty sure that I am actally going to like to learn from these people. I am totally stoked. Last night however I was hanging out in Hilde's room with her and the fire alarm goes off. Comes to find out they had to evactuat everyone because some dumb person burnt popcore. That sets off the alarms like crazy in our building. So we stood out in the cold because someone burnt popcore. It made me angry. Thankfully it wasn't raining like it is now. It is like REALLY raining here. It is crazy. Yet people are just like whatever. I am freaking out, but that is okay.

Yesterday I went and hung out with Kristina. She is doing good and all. Her house is nice. Needs work, but is nice. I think she might actually be getting on top of things. There are things there that I don't approve of but whatever I can't win them all.

Lets see the last topic I have to talk about is my love life. Which I am sad to say is still as black as it was in the TC. However, there are prospects on the way. I am not going to ruin the suprize or jump the gun right now. For now we are just going to go get some coffee, or something to eat maybe. We dont' know yet. He seems like a cool guy none the less. So yeah, that is my life as of now.

I am also starting to get a bit homesickish. This is thus the longest time I have been away from my parents. It is crazy, but hey you got to do what you got to do. Anyway, I miss you all like crazy and I CAN'T wait to see you all for thanksgiving. Dude I just realized that my birthday is in less then two weeks. Holy crap batman. That feels so odd. 19 and never been kissed. How very sad.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh dude! Yeah! Your birthday! I should totally record the song I wrote for you and e-mail it. ^_^ Here are my thoughts on what you call "discrimination"--I could never discriminate against someone with different colored skin, because they have no control over that. Although I disagree with your sexual orientation, you believe you have no control over it, and so I can't discriminate based on that. I also can't discriminate against someone who smokes pot. But it was CERTAINLY their CHOICE to do something that stupid. Is it discriminatory for me to not hang out with people who are stupid and make detrimental choices? No. That's just being smart and surrounding myself with positive influences. I'm sure they're wonderful people, and I'm sad for the choices they've made. But there are some things that I absolutely will not associate with. If I miss out on "cool people" because of their stupid choices, that's not my problem--it's theirs.

All that to say: don't feel guilty about not hanging out with people who don't share your values. But if that's not the issue, disregard everything. ^_~

Thankgsiving is going to rock! Can't wait to see you!

Spencer and Chelsey Shoemaker said...

I am soooo excited to see you on thanksgiving! Oh and i am bringing a friend home to!! Kathy, she is pretty sweet!! Dude must fill me in with boy date coffee thing!! lol call me!!! WE shall talk a storm!! loves