Thursday, May 1, 2008

Balance is hard

Last night I saw someone get mugged from my window.

I don't know what to think about it. All I saw was the driver drive off. I didn't see her get mugged, but I heard it. I didn't think anything about it because people are usually loud outside, and I was in that half asleep state. I heard her say I was mugged. The driver was parked in our parking lot of our dorm.

Life is all in balance. Ever single life I think is part of it, and it shifts. Moves and breaths. It is odd to think that might have been me or Hilde or anyone that I know. Hilde, Lindsey and I went for a late walk the night before so that might have been us. Think about it. The power shift from one side to the other. From the good to the bad. Bad takes with force, and Good takes with compassion. But they all take in someway or another. Is there ever a nutural force? Or a truely good force. What is a good persons motive anyway? To be liked, to do what is right so that they can get into there heaven? They all have a motive. I know that I have a motive looking at it. I want to be liked, and i like the feeling it gives me to see there face light up. That is my goal, and I take from them to get that sense of joy. I take that small emotion and hord over it. It is my gold. Does that make me any better then that man that took that girls stuff? He needed something and he got it. I needed something and I get it. Hummm. . . does that make me anybetter really? I guess the better question if it really is a good thing is if you could give it all up if you were mearly asked? Could I just stop taking that feeling if someone didn't like that i got joy from it? Would that be good then? Wow the lines just got blured for me. I need to do some thinking.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Mormons have a whole jargon specificially for this question: Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial.

I think that's the difference--REAL charity is 100% focused on others and their benefit and doing God's work.

It's pretty cool. ^_^